Chickpea & Potato Pasties 💥The GBBO has obtained me all impressed this week…I made these pasties yesterday with leftovers! Had no thought what to have them with, so we ended up consuming them with baked beans…bit bizarre however nearly managed to tug it off 😆 Recipe is beneath if you wish to strive it! Have a beautiful weekend, Amy. Xx
-400g potatoes, peeled and reduce into 1cm cubes.
-1 onion finely chopped
-1 carrot reduce into 1cm cubes
– oil for frying
– 400g tin of chickpeas drained
– 2 handfuls of shredded kale – 1tsp chilli powder – 1tsp turmeric
– 1tsp black onion seeds
– half tsp floor cumin
– 1tsp flour
– 200ml water
– salt and pepper
– 2 heaped dessert spoons creme fraiche – 1 sheet of prepared rolled shortcrust pastry – 1 egg overwhelmed
1. Place the potatoes, onion and carrot in a big non-stick pan.
2. Drizzle in a bit of oil and fry gently for 15 minutes, stirring recurrently till smooth.
3. Add the chickpeas to the pan with the kale, spices and flour and fry for two minutes, stirring continually.
4. Add 200ml of water to the pan and stir, to launch any spices caught to the underside of the pan. Carry to the boil
5. Season and stir within the creme fraiche. Put aside to chill.
6. Reduce Four circles out of the pastry with an 18cm diameter. Place the circles on lined baking trays.
7. Warmth the oven to 200C
8.Brush some overwhelmed egg across the outdoors of the circles, earlier than spooning a few of the filling excessive half of the circle. Be certain that to depart a spot across the high of the pastry.
9. Fold the underside half of the pastry excessive half and press the perimeters collectively.
10. Go across the edges with the prongs of a fork, urgent down firmly.
11. Brush the pasties with some overwhelmed egg and a sprinkle of black pepper.
12. Bake within the oven for 20 minutes.